NORTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILY BUCKETLIST
EVERYTHING YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS BETWEEN SF + OREGON
Living in Southern Oregon has let us explore the amazing beauty of Northern California. The Ca border is a short 27 miles from Medford – which means, California hikes, waterfalls, and lakes are just as close as some of our favorite Southern Oregon attractions!
We have visited MOST of these CA locations, but there are a lot of places we can’t wait to get to!
THE ULTIMATE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BUCKETLIST WITH KIDS
STARTING FROM NORTH TO SOUTH INLAND
- Pluto’s Cave
- Lake Siskiyou has an inflatable playground on the water! It is our most favorite lake outside Southern Oregon
- Heart Lake takes about one mile to hike to, and it will not disappoint!
- Mossbrae Falls – 5.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail and is good for all skill levels
- McCloud River / Three Falls Hike – 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail and is good for all skill levels
- Burney Falls – 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail for all skill levels
- Castle Crags – The most popular trails are the Castle Dome Trail(Crags Trail) and Root Creek Trail.
- Lake Shasta Caverns is California’s newest National Natural Landmark
- WaterWorks Park – the closest water park to Medford!
- Turtle Bay Exploration Park – 300-acres featuring the Sundial Bridge, a museum, forestry & wildlife center, arboretum and botanical gardens
- Lassen Volcanic National Park –
COASTAL ROADTRIP FROM SOUTH TO NORTH
- Glass Beach – smooth colorful glass pieces cover the pebbly beach
- Avenue of the Giants – a 31-mile portion of old Highway 101, with its 51,222 acres of redwood groves.
- Shine Drive Thru Tree – Drive through a natural opening of a living tree!
- Founder’s Grove– located just off the famous Avenue of the Giants, is home to some of the tallest trees in the world. At the end of the loop is the magnificent fallen Dyerville Giant.
- Carson Mansion – The Carson Mansion is one of the most photographed structures in the world
- Ferndale – this Victorian Town is named one of “America’s Prettiest Towns”
- Gold bluffs Beach – Day use and camping beach close to Fern Canyon.
- Fern Canyon – Steven Spielberg describes Fern Canyon as, “an unforgettable natural wonder”, that he chose as a location for Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World.
- Trees of Mystery – ride through the tops of the redwoods in the skytrail!
- Ocean World – Crescent City’s Aquarium
- Stout Grove – Stout Grove is the world’s most scenic stand of redwoods.
If you loved this bucketlist, be sure to check out our Ultimate Southern Oregon Bucketlist
FOLLOW along on our instagram adventures
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
AND PIN THESE FOR LATER!