CUT YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS TREE IN SOUTHERN OREGON
BEST PLACES TO GO + WHAT TO BRING
We headed out towards Brown Mountain last weekend in search for the perfect Christmas tree.
this was our very first time cutting down our own Christmas Tree, and now I know that I truly need to buy snow clothes for everyone :)
Here is a list I have accumulated from local recommendations on where to go to get Christmas Trees!
If you decide to head out into the Forest,
- One permit is required for each Christmas tree, and five permits maximum, per household. Permits are $5.00 each.
- Per the Every Kid Outdoors initiative, ALL 4th graders are entitled to one FREE Christmas tree permit with a valid Every Kid Outdoors pass.
- U CUT Christmas Tree Farm on Camp Baker Rd. in Medford
- Brown Mountain – Fish Lake Area about 35 miles northeast of Medford
- Howard Prairie
- US Forest Service Christmas tree map
- Rancheria Rd in the Butte Falls area
- The area near Dead Indian Road is home to hiking trails and views of Old Baldy, an old fire lookout site. Also in the area are destinations to legally cut Christmas trees
Hopefully we are brave enough to make this an annual tradition!